Friday, November 19, 2010

Crosswords Galore

In a recent attempt to catch up on the latest news headlines, I found myself hopping from webpage to webpage reading all sorts of interesting articles. About a dozen clicks later, I landed on an article about the vast and hybrid nature of the English language. That’s when I stumbled upon what ended up occupying me for the next several hours: crossword puzzles. I started with one about ‘borrowed’ words in the English language and then went on to discover a plethora of others —all for students and all about different educational topics like SAT test prep. It turns out that the New York Times' Learning Network has crossword puzzles on everything from Shakespeare to genetics to the stock market.

Crosswords are a great way to review a topic you’ve studied in school or learn something new. And in my book, anything that combines learning and fun is time well-spent. Check out the Student Crossword Archive, find the one (or many) that piques your interest, and start solving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment